- This event has passed.
Youth & Young Adult Virtual Summit on addressing religious discrimination in our classrooms and communities
February 27 at 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm ESTFree
On Sunday, February 27th from 3:00 – 5:00 pm ET, Shoulder to Shoulder, Interfaith Youth Core (IFYC), and Seeds of Peace are coming together to host a FREE Youth & Young Adult Virtual Summit on addressing religious discrimination in our classrooms and communities.
Join us and help us spread the word!
This interactive convening will be a chance for youth and young leaders to connect with each other, explore resources, and identify strategies for the work of building more inclusive classrooms and communities.
We’ll also hear from special guest, Yasmin Elhady, comedian and attorney who recently made her TV debut on True Story with Ed Helms and Randall Park, sharing her tales of growing up as a Muslim kid in Alabama, watching wrestling, and running for school president.
- My Role in the Social Justice Ecosystem – Led by Anna Castro and UyenThi Tran Myhre with the Building Movement Project
- Bystander Intervention Training in Public Spaces – Led by Alicia Walker-Patterson with Hollaback!
- Racial Trauma is Real: Strategies for Self-care – Led by Dr. Rachel Singer
- How to use photographs to build relationships and instigate change – Led by Roman Williams with Interfaith Photovoice
- Stimulating conversation and action with opinion writing – Led by Firdaus Arastu with ReThink Media
While this event is led in consultation with and for youth and young adults, people who work in schools (or with youth and young adults) are also welcome to attend.