- This event has passed.
Why Should International Religious Freedom be a Primary Concern to Congress?
May 4 at 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm EDT
With rising violence, discrimination, and marginalization as well as genocide and other horrible crimes against faith organizations and individuals it is up to civil society and Congress here in the US to be a beacon of light to those suffering in foreign lands.
Why is it our duty? And how do we collaborate to bring hope to those around the world suffering at the hands of government restrictions and abuses which have little or no respect for basic human rights?
We invite you to a special virtual event by the International Religious Freedom Roundtable’s (IRF) Congressional Working Group to hear from those working on the front lines to answer the question – “Why Should International Religious Freedom be a Primary Concern to Congress?”
Register here to help bring a deeper understanding to this issue.
- Matias Perttula, Co-Chair IRF Roundtable Congressional Working Group & Advocacy Director, International Christian Concern https://www.persecution.org/matias-perttula/
- What is the IRF Roundtable, its successes & its work with Congressional offices:
- Greg Mitchell, Chair IRF Roundtable and head of the IRF Secretariat, former Congressional Aide https://www.irfroundtable.org/
- The importance of international religious freedom as a Congressional issue & the historic announcement of the upcoming IRF National Summit in Washington, DC – July 13-14, 2021: https://irfsummit.com/
- Ambassador Sam Brownback, Co-Chair IRF National Summit & former Ambassador at Large for International Religious Freedom (INVITED)
- Commissioner Gayle Manchin, Chair, US Commission on International Religious Freedom (USCIRF) & Co-Chair IRF National Summit https://www.uscirf.gov/about-uscirf/gayle-manchin-chair, https://www.uscirf.gov/news-room/releases-statements/uscirf-releases-2021-annual-report-recommendations-us-policy
- 4th Ministerial to Advance Religious Freedom/Brazil 2021:
- Paul Murray, Vice Chair, IRF Secretariat and Vice President, Global Peace Foundation International (CONFIRMED) https://www.linkedin.com/in/drpaulmurray1/
- Nomination of an Ambassador at Large for IRF as a priority concern:
- Congressman French Hill, (R-AR) (Invited)
- IRF Roundtable & Congressional offices – a successful collaboration:
- Greg Mitchell/Matias Perttula
- Overview of the IRF Roundtable’s 16 Working Groups – a tool for Congress:
- Sue Taylor, Co-Chair IRF Roundtable Congressional Working Group & Public Affairs Director, Church of Scientology National Affairs Office https://www.scientology.org/churches/national-affairs-office-dc/
- Q & A session:
- Matias Perttula
- Matias Perttula