- This event has passed.
Roles of The Abrahamic Religious Family in Promoting Peace in the World
October 27 at 7:30 am - 9:30 am EDT
This webinar, hosted by the Ministry of Religious Affairs of the Republic of Indonesia and the Leimena Institute, will explore the spiritual, cultural, and social capital that Muslims, Christians, and Jews share as Abrahamic religious family to promote peace together and how to collaborate toward that. The Abrahamic family have often become embroiled in conflicts, even among themselves. Some groups have even abused religious teachings to incite hatred and even justify violence. With adherents totalling more than half the global population, if Jews, Christians, and Muslims as Abrahamic family can engage in more dialogues to build mutual understanding and respect, it will help strengthen the foundation for peace in this conflict-ridden world.
• H.E. Fachrul Razi (Indonesian Minister of Religious Affairs).
• Jakob Tobing (Chairman, Leimena Institute).
• Alwi Shihab (Senior Fellow, Leimena Institute).
• H.E. Shaykh Abdallah bin Bayyah (Chairman, UAE Fatwa Council and President, Forum for Promoting Peace in Muslim Societies).
• K.H. Said Aqil Siroj (Chairman, Nahdlatul Ulama).
• Cardinal Ignatius Suharyo (President, Episcopal Conference of Indonesia).
• Rabbi David Rosen (International Director of Interreligious Affairs, American Jewish Committee).
• Abdul Mu’ti (Secretary-General, Muhammadiyah).
• Rev. Gomar Gultom (Chairman, Communion of Churches in Indonesia).
Open to the press.
RSVP Required: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/3315994534845/WN_d9EzgyQdTk-qW-FqRJHNvg